In supporting the mission of Tufts University, the School of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering, and the Division of Student Affairs, the Office for Campus Life aims to foster a balance for all students between curricular and co-curricular opportunities. In recognizing that an essential part of a student’s growth takes place outside of the classroom, the Office for Campus Life strives to provide all Tufts students with exceptional programs, services, and opportunities to create well-rounded, independent thinkers who become effective leaders in college and beyond.
Our Motto: The Key to Life is Balance
The staff of the Office for Campus Life is committed to advocating for students; serving in a collaborative partnership encouraging self-governance, involvement, responsibility, empowerment and accountability through the following values:
- Offer diverse leadership opportunities for all students complementing the educational process beginning in the classroom.
- Prepare students to be leaders in society and contribute to their communities in meaningful ways.
- Model collaborative leadership by working in partnership with campus departments, students, student organizations, and members of the Tufts community.
- Recognizing our student’s first priority is their academic experience.
- Provide intentional learning opportunities for growth and development.
- Educate student leaders and student groups on effective student organization management; including fiscal responsibility, group dynamics and event execution.
- Provide a variety of educational and social programs designed to meet the diverse needs and expectations of the campus community.
- Offer continual support services for program management.
- Serve as a programming resource center for all student organizations.
- Provide consistent quality in customer services through facilities and programs.
- Provide an accessible, clean, safe, healthy and secure Campus Center as well as other student organization facilities.
- Offer up-to-date, timely and accessible information services and processes.