Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

The University  regulates all commercial activity and solicitation on campus as presented from student organizations and off-campus partners. These activities include distribution of products and promotional materials, leafleting or solicitation, sales and solicitation for any purpose, or fundraising.


  • ​Tables may not be moved from their designated location, including to outdoor locations.
  • Tables must be staffed at all times.
  • Use of other spaces surrounding the table is prohibited; you only have access to your 4 or 6ft table.
  • Taping posters to walls or windows is prohibited. Request use of an easel if you have signs or posters to hang.
  • Door-to-door canvassing (including to campus residence halls or offices) prohibited.
  • Soliciting or selling by telephone is prohibited.​
  • Student Organizations reserving tables for off-campus partners must have at least one student organization representative present at entire tabling event and the off-campus partner must in some way connect to the goals and mission of the student organization.


  • Mayer Campus Center lobby tables, reserved via ReserveTufts
  • Mayer Campus Center upper patio, reserved via ReserveTufts
  • Dewick MacPhie or Carmichael Dining Hall, reserved directly with the specific dining hall manager

Distribution or Solicitation by Non-University Policies:

Non-University parties are limited to solicitation or distribution to public walkways and streets. Groups should not be harassing or obstructing passersby in any way. Groups cannot be on University property. Groups cannot place literature on cars parked on University property. Groups not adhering to the above regulations will be reported to University Police. Daily vending/tabling is allowed in the Mayer Campus Center for a nominal fee. Learn more here.